Do You or Someone you Know Suffer
From a Fabric Addiction?
Here are some of the signs—
- Sheer volume of fabric in your house causing emotional distress or chaos in your life.
- Having arguments with friends over who gets the last bolt of linen in the store.
- Feeling lost without 20 yards of velvet on hand at all times.
- Having your paycheck direct-deposited to the fabric store's bank account.
- Buying a whole bolt of brocade causes a rush of euphoria and anxiety at the same time.
- Skipping work to hit all the fabric stores while everyone else is at the office.
- Knowing the names of all the clerks at the sewing shop.
- Lying to others about where that great deal on silk was found so they can't get the same thing you did.
- Thinking excessively about various garb projects, but many purchases of material are never actually used.
- Donating loads of fabric to your shire and you still can't get into the sewing room.
Charter Fabric Addiction Recovery Center can help.
The program helps gain control over addictive
patterns, (get it? fabric - patterns!) with a focus on
helping each person rebalance their lives and gain the
skills they need to live a successful, satisfying SCA
life, free from fabric addiction.
If you don't get help at Charter, please...
just stop buying so much freakin' fabric!